Interpreting the Bible Objectively
You’re In the Right Place If…
- You want to know WHY you believe WHAT you believe – or perhaps determine WHAT you believe, biblically, in the first place.
- You want to know what pleases God.
- You want to livefully biblically and in obedience to the Lord, but don’t know how to interpret Scripture for yourself to know exactly how that plays out in life or even what it means.
- You’re in the right place if…You have remaining deep, underlying questions on a certain topic and you don’t know how to find the answers biblically, for yourself.
- Finally…you’re in the right place if…you want to be able to interpret and understand God’s Word — for yourself – without always needing to depend upon someone else to interpret it for you and explain it to you!
In today’s offering, a Training Hangout with Dr. Eastman, we’ll look at how to prepare to study and interpret the Bible.
Our goal? To gain objectivity as we begin searching for biblical answers to our tough life questions. And we’ll discuss some simple tools and tricks for preparing our hearts and minds to receive what God’s word is actually saying, not merely read it through the lens of what other people say about it, how we feel about it, or possibly even what fears we may feel about finding answers to our particular questions.
As Dr. Eastman requests in the video, please leave your comments and responses below. We read all posts and welcome the discussion!
And if you found this useful, please share it with your social communities! That actually helps a lot!