We’re excited (and, yes, a little nervous) to announce…
The 2015 Blog-and-Book Tour, Road Trip, and Ministry Launch Extravaganza!
You know, when I go, I go big. It’s just me. It’s usually fun, sometimes messy, typically stressful, and hopefully fruitful for the Kingdom and helpful to the Body of Christ.
In fact, this year’s effort will be much more than “just” a book tour, if that were possible. Here’s what’s involved:
- July 2–9—Blog Tour, a series of blog interviews and posts hosted by various active Christian bloggers and authors
- July 8 or 9—Blog-and-Book Tour Road Trip Kickoff Party
- July 8 or 9—Official Launch of Biblical Breakthrough! Online Coaching Program (warning: the site’s still getting some final touches, as in the front/welcome page; but the site is live)
- July 1–August 1—Book Tour Road Trip promoting the book and online program
The Blog Tour
Dates: 2–9 July
During this week of pre-launch blog festivities, I’ll be hosted by various active Christian bloggers and authors, including several of my amazing Redbud Writers Guild colleagues. Bookmark this page and check back here for updates and links for the Blog Tour!
Here’s that Blog Tour schedule (STILL MORPHING):
- July 2— Sarah Wilson
- July 3—Julie Holly
- July 4—JoHannah Reardon
- July 5—Aubrey Travis Sampson
- July 6— Sharon Hoover
- July 7— @ Natasha Robinson’s blog
- July 8— Dorothy Greco
- July 9—Leah Everson
Listen, I could’ve started the Blog Tour on July 1, or even extended it through the entire BTRT, but I am human, after all—at least on most days.
The Book Tour Road Trip
I’ll be heading out with my family – yep, all five of us for over half of it – on a Book Tour Road Trip. We’ll travel and cavort in support of launching Biblical Breakthrough! and also promoting Women, Leadership, and the Bible: How Do I Know What to Believe? A Practical Guide to Biblical Interpretation.
Dates: 10 July–1 August
- July 9 or 10: Delaware, OH – Book Tour Road Trip Kickoff Party!
- July 11 & 12: Cincinnati, OH
- July 14 & 15: Franklin/Nashville, TN
- July 15: Birmingham, AL
- July 16: New Orleans, LA
- July 17: Lafayette, LA
- July 18-22: Houston, TX
- July 23-26: Austin, TX
- July 27-28: Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
- July 30: Memphis, TN
- July 31: Nashville, TN
- Return to Delaware, OH (and collapse)
Want A Talk/Signing at Your Bookstore or Church? Or in Your Home?
I wouldn’t say that WLB lends itself super-well to a “book reading” like novels do; but it lends itself very well to teaching a bit of its content that would help all attendees get a better grasp on how to discern answers for their tough life questions from the Bible for themselves, with greater skill and confidence.
Depending on your group and your desires, as well as our itinerary, I can offer the following:
- Talk ranging from 20–90 minutes
- Address one of these topics:
- How Do I Know What to Believe about Women Preaching? Gay Marriage? Baptism? And Everything Else…?
- How to Discern God’s Word from Everyone Else’s Words
- How to Prepare to Study the Bible
- A Simple, 5-Step Process for Studying, Understanding, and Interpreting God’s Word – for Yourself
- Each talk offered would cover these elements:
- Teach a portion of the book’s content that will benefit everyone present,
- Briefly introduce the other parts of the book,
- Let people know how they can best engage the book’s method
- Invite people to take it further with the Biblical Breakthrough! online program
Can You Help Us Make This Insanity Happen?
- Do you live in or near a city on our itinerary? Will you come?
- Do you have contacts in any of those cities? Would you connect me?
- Have a particular passion or interest in WLB or BB!? Would you be willing to make arrangements for a place for a book talk and signing?
- Ditto on that particular passion an interest bit: Would you like to make a financial contribution (not tax-deductible) to this self-funded ministry/effort?
- Would you be willing to promote a book talk and signing to your contacts, churches/ministry leaders, radio stations, and/or Christian bookstores where you have contacts in those areas?
- I would give you pre-written emails for you to copy, paste, and send – to make it as easy as possible for you.
If you have contacts in one or more of these cities and/or are willing and able to help, please contact us ASAP at email@example.com.
Thank you for your consideration!
The itinerary is still in the works. Click here for the link to the still-evolving Google map.